10.15.2006

Nim, the Flying Guillotine!: the sad story of a goblin ninja! in Krynn

So the first session was last night, and its now official: my goblin ninja kicks booty.

Actually, the first character concept was a shuriken-throwing bad egg, but after realizing that ghost step will drop after a single attack, heck, I might as divide my levels among fighter and ninja and use the short bow.

I did drop a few points into animal handling, and a feat on animal affinity, and bought myself a worg mount. I took mounted combat, as well.

Our first, and only, significant combat experience came in the form of 8 goblin archers; 6 of them were level one rogues, two were level three fighters. Nim, the Flying Guillotine! was not able to participate in the surprise round because the goblins were better hiders than he was a spotter. However, his init 19 (improved initiative and a + 4 from dex bonus)saw him act soon enough. By acting, I mean Nim, the Flying Guillotine! jumped off the back of Starbuck (his smartass worg companion), went invis, then pwned a goblin with an arrow and sneak attack-like damage. Second round, same thing. Third round, everything was dead. Starbuck killed two, Nim, the Flying Guillotine! killed two, and I think some other non-uber-goblin ninja party members got lucky and killed some.

Anyways, Nim, the Flying Guillotine! is the awesomest goblin ninja that ever walked Krynn, and possibly the entire 3.5 format.

More to come...

No comments: